“What I Hear”

Carlos Anchundia 
Filmp 160
Blog #2

The way this place looks is calm, the air being inhaled also seems to be very smooth and calm. The sound from the trees, the sound of birds chirping increase each time I pass by one. The texture is satisfying by the way the birds collaboratively make music rhythm. The sound of a construction car is being heard with a high sound of a drill, drilling the floor. The sound of people talking about there regular day is also heard with a different meaning all the time, to the fact that each and every single person have a different sound creating different meanings, the sound of there footsteps also stands out because in a way there footsteps are also different and not the same. As I keep looking around it’s already about afternoon, October 16,2019, 1:20pm. After 30 Minutes of just looking around and listening to sounds, I decided to close my eyes for 30 minutes timing myself with an alarm and just capturing more sounds around the neighborhood I was located in, 155st Edgecombe Avenue. I was already expecting the birds sounds as well as the cars passing by, the people talking but this time I heard and captured more sounds. The sound of doors opening, I was able to capture multiple doors opening as well as garbage bags being thrown. When the wind would blow I would also hear the leafs make a whispering sound. Squirrels fast movement sound also was caught by my ear. Overall the most meaningful sound for me was hearing the garbage bags because I use to be a porter, so like a second super, and my job was to take care of three buildings in 59st, a lot was expected because it was midtown but I also had a lot of benefits which I had to leave because of college but it was a good experience so that’s why hearing the bags being thrown made a quick connection because aside from all my tasks I also had to throw the garbage outside. 

Comments

Popular Posts